So you know the men’s and women’s basketball teams swept Florida International on Saturday. Here’s the rest of what happened in Topper sports this past weekend:
- The men’s and women’s track teams swept the Sun Belt Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships on Sunday — the first time the two have won the same conference meet since 2008. The Herald’s M. Blake Harrison was there.
- The Western baseball team won three straight this weekend to take the QTI Baylor Classic Title. The Herald’s Mike Stunson has the full story.
- On the other side, the Lady Topper softball team dropped three straight to visiting Florida International. The Herald’s Emily Patton reported on day one — a doubleheader — and day two, the third loss.
- Nick Baumgardner of the Bowling Green Daily News reports that the first two rounds of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament won’t be televised.
- Both the men’s and women’s tennis teams dropped their matches against North Texas.