Western released its baseball schedule for the 2010 season today, highlighted by three games in Bowling Green against Southeastern Conference opponents and featuring 13 games against teams that advanced to last season’s NCAA tournament. Some other notes about the schedule:
- The Toppers open the season with a three-game home series against Kent State, beginning on Feb. 19.
- Of the 14 non-conference foes on the schedule, Western played eight last season, going 7-7 against them.
- Sun Belt Conference play begins with a three-game series at New Orleans, starting on March 12, but the Toppers won’t have much time to prepare that week. They play Tennessee at Nick Denes Field on March 9, then travel to face Mississippi State on March 10.
- Western will also play home-and-home series against Vanderbilt (who will come to Bowling Green on March 17), Louisville (April 14) and Kentucky (April 20). The home game against the Wildcats is scheduled to be played downtown at Bowling Green Ballpark.
- The regular season will end with a three-game series at home against Middle Tennessee State from March 20-22, and the Blue Raiders will host the Sun Belt Conference tournament beginning on March 26.
– Sarah Hyman